Noshir Contractor has been interviewed about workplace communication and communication technologies by various outlets including CBS News, Chicago Tribune, Chronicle for Higher Education, CNN, Crane Chicago Business, Il sole 24 Ore (Italian Financial Daily), Industry Standard, Public Radio International, Syllabus, National Public Radio, Panorama (Italian Business Weekly), St. Louis Post Dispatch, and a corporate in-house journal for managers.
- Daily Illini (April 5, 2005). Professor to give lecture on effective communication.
- ArriveNet.com (March 1st, 2005). Field museum to study social, cultural, artistic resources and achievements of Chicago’s recent Mexican immigrants.
- News Bureau, University of Illinois at Champaign Urbana (March 1st, 2005). Insects, viruses could hold key for better human teamwork in disasters.
- University of Science and Technology of China, News Report (Website) (December 2, 2004). Chinese language coverage of Noshir Contractor being honored as Visiting Professor by University of Science and Technology of China.
- Panorama Economy (30 October, 2003). Italian language feature on Noshir Contractor’s research on knowledge networks.
- Daily Illini (May 5, 2003). Class puts knowledge networks in 3-D.
- Arttu! (Volume 1, 2000). Finnish language feature on Noshir Contractor’s keynote address titled Emergence of communication networks: A self-organizing systems perspective. At the annual meeting of the Finnish Speech Communication Association. Helsinki, Finland.
- Syllabus (August, 2000). Video conferencing: Experiences from the front.
- Internet 2 Teaching & Learning (2000). E-Quad: Advanced collaboration environment.
- Chronicle of Higher Education (July 4, 1998). Coverage of Noshir Contractor’s research on computational modeling of organizational communication networks: Using computer models to study the complexities of human society: Some scholars say the trend is a breakthrough in the social sciences; others believe it’s just a fad.
- Spectra (January, 1995). Community building a highlight of tech project.
- Chronicle of Higher Education (June 9, 1993). Coverage of report on email use by the White House prepared by students in Noshir Contractor’s undergraduate course on Communication Technologies in the Workplace: White House gets advice on electronic communications.
- The Champaign-Urbana News Gazette (June3, 1993). UI prof., students advise White House on e-mail.
- Instructional Micro-computing Newsletter (April/May, 1993). Collaborative learning.
- Instructional Micro-computing Newsletter (January, 1990). Testing on a network in a hyper-card environment.
- LAS News (Fall, 1989). Computers revolutionize undergraduate education.